First off, it was a good weedend because I had Thursday and Friday off. I did my brothers garage sale on Friday and Saturday.
Friday night Brent and I spent with Chris and Ellie watching opening ceremonies for the olympics. It was great fun, and Ellie made this DELICIOUS dessert for us all.
Saturday night my high school class (minus two people) got together and caught up for our “three year reunion.” I can’t believe it’s already been three years. Two of my classmates are married with one child. One of my classmates is the Mayor of Waterville. One is on his way to play basketball for Tennessee Temple with a full ride, and I’m getting married!!!!! We are all growing up so fast. It seems like just yesterday we were running around the school being idiots and immature, and now we’re adults. So, I’ve decided to tell some of my favorite memories of high school at Monclova Christian Academy (btw, I graduated with 7 people, so it was a small school).
* when Derek would ask to go to the bathroom and grab the newspaper on his way 🙂
* doing our make-up and painting our nails in study hall
* when Amy K. and I switched names on a substitue and almost ended up getting suspended for it
* when Mr. Mohr drug Adam out of Spanish class by his ear
* our senior trip to Chicago when my mom fell asleep a door away and didn’t hear us…yet we had security called on us!
* being a statisticion for the guys’ basketball team
* skipping class with Amy R. to get coffee out of the teachers lounge
* volleyball practice
* Pep-rally’s (all 50 of us, lol)
* having to walk from building to building in the wind and our skirts blowing up (okay, that was something I didn’t like)
* Mrs. Fish’s senior drawer (we were allowed one candy bar per day if you were a senior)
* fighting with Mrs. O. in yearbook
* Giving my speech at graduation with my best friends right in front of me
* getting to school and having Dr. O. tell us that we were going on some random field trip
* Van rides to away games
* When our school purchased a bus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
* Home-Ec. When Alex got in trouble for blowing his nose while making cookies
* Almost failing my Science Fair project because I waited until the last minute to do it
* Sneaking out the back of the school to run in the rain!
* Singing “Ain’t No Mountain High” with Derek
* Passing around my Country Apple hand sanitizer to the guys
* Christmas time at school
* Moving my tassle from right to left (when we were supposed to go left to right)
* Eating food the entire day in every class and never gaining weight
* When Mrs. M. had Adam in a corner snapping him with a towel and then Dr. O walked in. Haha!
* when Mrs. VDB left these instructions for the substitute teacher “just let Courtney teach the class.”
* distracting the teachers with prayer requests just so we didn’t have to do class (shame on us)
There are so many more memories I just can’t blog enough about them. Needless to say, I had the time of my life because it was a small school.
To finish off my weekend, Chris took us out on his dad’s boat, and then we went to see him give the message at the Western Avenue Mission. It was amazing to see God’s hand at work through my friends.
It really was a great weekend!!! I’ll post pictures when I get home to my computer!